SR 699 Electric Power Line Undergrounding
- City of Indian Rocks Beach
- 1507 Bay Palm Boulevard
- Indian Rocks Beach, FL 33785
- Construction Administration
- Cost Estimating
- Utility Binding Cost Estimate
- Value Engineering
- Bidding Assistance
- Public Awareness Campaign
- Overhead to Underground Conversion Design
- Electrical Engineering
- Underground Connection Design
- Landscape Architecture Design
- Lighting Design
- Stormwater Engineering Design
- Environmental Engineering
SR 699 Electric Power and communications Line Undergrounding, Indian Rocks Beach, Florida
membersCPWG Constructors and members of Madrid CPWG staff supported the City of Indian Rocks Beach’s efforts to upgrade power and communication lines along SR 699, Gulf Boulevard and place them underground. The project’s goal was to place above-ground utilities underground and to replace light poles along Gulf Boulevard (Whitehurst Ave to 6th Ave), Walsingham Road from Gulf Boulevard to 100’ east of East Gulf Boulevard and from 6th Avenue to just north of Beach Trail.
The team divided their main tasks into two categories: design and coordination. The initial goal was to design detailed construction plans that incorporated CAD drawings showing equipment location within local easements. When this task was finished the focus shifted to performing the coordination required to complete the project. The team coordinated with City representatives to work with property owners to obtain easements and keep the public informed. They coordinated with utility companies to facilitate the conversion to underground utilities including lighting, permit utilities within FDOT right-of-way (one permit per utility).
CPWG Constructors team member’s assisted the Indian Rocks Beach planning staff by discussing construction and bidding options with the companies involved. This resulted in obtaining a binding cost estimate for the undergrounding of their respective utilities and a location plan for the desired easements.
Phase 1 of the undergrounding included the following:
- Gulf Blvd – Undergrounding of Duke Electric, Verizon and Bright House Network
- Lighting design and coordination with Duke Electric to ensure the Madrid CPWG lighting design was included with the Duke Permitted Plans
CPWG Constructors and Madrid CPWG support to the project included:
- Design layout of equipment on properties to obtain easements
- Coordination with utility companies
- Subsurface Utility Excavation (SUE) locations
- Undergrounding design coordination and plans creation for Duke Electric/Verizon/Bright House Network
- Coordination with FDOT and City of Indian Rocks Beach
- Field review to connect electric, phone, cable at homes/buildings
- Utility undergrounding construction administration
Why Choose Us
We Offer a Full-Service Approach
Our experienced team consists of Construction and Construction Management specialists.
As a subsidiary of CPWG, we have direct access to their staff of engineers, surveyors, planners, landscape architects, and more.
Our blend of General Contractors and Engineers allows us to deliver quality service in all phases.
We’ve built our business by developing great relationships with our clients while successfully completing their projects.
Woman-Owned Small Business (WOSB)
WOSB Certified businesses are a part of the first tier of businesses referred to state agencies seeking to include supplier diversity.
3918 N Highland Avenue
Tampa, Florida 33603